Gila Regional Medical Center is a non-profit acute-care hospital owned by Grant County.
The Grant County Board of Commissioners appoints members to Gila Regional's Board of Trustees, which is responsible for governance and the mission of Gila Regional Medical Center. The Board of Trustees is made up of seven members, who are appointed to staggered three-year terms.
The goals of GRMC and the Board are:
- To establish and maintain an accredited regional healthcare facility with a primary service area of Grant County, New Mexico, and its geographic area, including Hidalgo, Luna and Catron Counties;
- To provide safe. quality patient care, treatment, and services to the community within the resources available to GRMC;
- To provide education and training for GRMC's caregivers and medical staff as, in
- the opinion of the Board, may be justified by the available resources; to improve the standards and quality of healthcare in the community.
- To create an environment for GRMC caregivers, Medical Staff, Auxiliary, Board,
- and GRMC Administration that fosters organizational teamwork, success, and pride,
- To be fiscally sound in an effort to ensure the continuation of GRMC s Mission,
- Vision and Values;
- To support the rights of all patients, including the right to reasonable access to care, respect for personal value systems, informed participation in decisions regarding care and ethical considerations that arise out of the provision of that care, as well as the right to personal privacy and confidentiality of information.