There are more things that can be recycled now in Grant County with single stream recycling. Everything goes together in the roll-off containers - it does not need to be sorted. Everything is taken to a recycling facility in Tucson to get sorted for recycling.
See a larger view
You can recycle:
- Cardboard boxes flattened
- Phone books
- Paperboard (cereal, snack and beverage boxes), milk and juice cartons
- Newspaper, magazines, and books
- Paper of all kinds, including colored paper, envelopes (even with glassine windows), and junk mail
- Aluminum, steel, and tin cans, foil, and clean pots and pans
- Plastics #1-5 and 7 (soda bottles, laundry soap containers, milk jugs, water bottles, yogurt and butter tubs, plastic clamshells). NO STYROFOAM!
- Small electronic devices (cell phones, ipods, gameboys, laptops, CPUs, etc.) NO TVís or monitors!
Grant County has the following drop-off locations for all your recycling:
The decorated roll-off containers were painted by kids at various schools around Grant County several years ago. They are labeled with names of recyclable items by the openings but now with single stream you can put anything in any opening. The openings are small to discourage people from putting bags of trash in the bins.
- Grant County Admin Bldg 1400 Hwy 180 E.
- Pinos Altos behind the Buckhorn
- Bayard City Maintenance Yard
- Snell Middle School, Bayard
- Tri-City landfill
- Mimbres Transfer Station
- Gila Transfer Station
- Main Landfill 318 Ridge Road
For questions or problems call 388-8051.